Tracking Users on an Individual Basis

(alok) #1

Hello,

I’m working on a site which approximately 1000 users access. Each user has a unique user ID that is defined by a variable in their dynamic URLs. For example:
user0001’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0001
user0092’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0092
user0346’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0346

Is there a good way for me to integrate these user IDs into Piwik, perhaps assigning these IDs as variables using _GET in PHP?

Ideally, I’d like to be able to see which users logged on, when, and how long they were on for.

In a perfect world, the Piwik interface would actually display the user’s names and locations, looking this data up via their user ID in a MySQL database - but I’d be very satisfied if Piwik could even show the User IDs themselves.

Thanks!

(binit) #2

[quote=alok @ Aug 20 2009, 07:27 PM]Hello,

I’m working on a site which approximately 1000 users access. Each user has a unique user ID that is defined by a variable in their dynamic URLs. For example:
user0001’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0001
user0092’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0092
user0346’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0346

Is there a good way for me to integrate these user IDs into Piwik, perhaps assigning these IDs as variables using _GET in PHP?

Ideally, I’d like to be able to see which users logged on, when, and how long they were on for.

In a perfect world, the Piwik interface would actually display the user’s names and locations, looking this data up via their user ID in a MySQL database - but I’d be very satisfied if Piwik could even show the User IDs themselves.

Thanks![/quote]

I’m also trying to do something like this except I have lot fewer users but unlike yours, I don’t have user id as get parameter rather the user info is in the Session Array but I would still like to integrate individual user tracking in Piwik

(vipsoft) #3

Others have posted that they used the Piwik API to add sites and users.

You should then look at the Multisites plugin (not currently a part of Piwik core).