Tracking Users on an Individual Basis

Hello,

I’m working on a site which approximately 1000 users access. Each user has a unique user ID that is defined by a variable in their dynamic URLs. For example:
user0001’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0001
user0092’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0092
user0346’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0346

Is there a good way for me to integrate these user IDs into Piwik, perhaps assigning these IDs as variables using _GET in PHP?

Ideally, I’d like to be able to see which users logged on, when, and how long they were on for.

In a perfect world, the Piwik interface would actually display the user’s names and locations, looking this data up via their user ID in a MySQL database - but I’d be very satisfied if Piwik could even show the User IDs themselves.

Thanks!

[quote=alok @ Aug 20 2009, 07:27 PM]Hello,

I’m working on a site which approximately 1000 users access. Each user has a unique user ID that is defined by a variable in their dynamic URLs. For example:
user0001’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0001
user0092’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0092
user0346’s URL: www.testsite.com/awesomefile.php?user=0346

Is there a good way for me to integrate these user IDs into Piwik, perhaps assigning these IDs as variables using _GET in PHP?

Ideally, I’d like to be able to see which users logged on, when, and how long they were on for.

In a perfect world, the Piwik interface would actually display the user’s names and locations, looking this data up via their user ID in a MySQL database - but I’d be very satisfied if Piwik could even show the User IDs themselves.

Thanks![/quote]

I’m also trying to do something like this except I have lot fewer users but unlike yours, I don’t have user id as get parameter rather the user info is in the Session Array but I would still like to integrate individual user tracking in Piwik

Others have posted that they used the Piwik API to add sites and users.

You should then look at the Multisites plugin (not currently a part of Piwik core).