Tracking stopped three weeks ago


#1

Hello everyone,

I just updated my piwik to the latest version and realised that tracking for all my sites has stopped on Oct 6. The tracked sites are running wordpress or joomla, but all have stopped tracking at the same time.

I already
[ul]
[li] cleared the piwik/tmp folder
[/li][li] cleared the browser cache
[/li][li] accessed several sites with different browsers to trigger live tracking, no reaction
[/li][li] deleted the piwik_archive_* tables for October (but triggering the recheck did not work out, so now I don’t have any data for October)
[/li][li] ran the system-check (good except for LOAD DATA INFILE)
[/li][/ul]

I am not aware of anything special that I did to any system on Oct 5 or 6. Any ideas?

Best, Philipp


#2

You did not move the sites to HTTPS, but leave the Piwik on plain HTTP, right?


#3

Yes, no https involved blush, and certainly no such change during or since the days the tracking stopped…


#4

I asked because one explanation could be that the requests are not even reaching piwik for some reason.

I’d also test the noscript piwik tracking pixel, see if you can load it manually in your browser (its an 1x1 grey GIF).
You can find it in your tracking code, it looks something like http://domain.com/piwik/piwik.php?idsite=1

And check the Apache and PHP error logs of the Piwik server too.


#5

I can see the pixel all right. Turns out that there are no PHP/Apache logs available for me on my shared hosting by default. Too bad. I put a PHP logging mechanism in place now but I can’t say anything about past errors, sorry


#6

Sorry to push this back up myself, but is there anything else I can do? My piwik tracking of four or five years has essentially stopped working, and I really don’t know what I can do… :?


(Matthieu Aubry) #7

@pano if you a problem with tracking (no data tracked) then please follow steps to troubleshoot your Piwik tracker: Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3


#8

Hi Matt, everyone,

thanks for the hint. Logging reveals errors in the piwik.js, but reading and debugging JS on my own is beyond my abilities, I fear:


The method setSiteId is registered more than once in "paq" variable. Only the last call has an effect. Please have a look at the multiple Piwik trackers documentation: http://developer.piwik.org/guides/tracking-javascript-guide#multiple-piwik-trackers

...th){bR[cu]=[cu,cq,cs,cr,ct]}},trackEcommerceOrder:function(cq,cu,ct,cs,cr,cv){bV...

piwik.js (Zeile 59)
---
The method enableLinkTracking is registered more than once in "paq" variable. Only the last call has an effect. Please have a look at the multiple Piwik trackers documentation: http://developer.piwik.org/guides/tracking-javascript-guide#multiple-piwik-trackers

...th){bR[cu]=[cu,cq,cs,cr,ct]}},trackEcommerceOrder:function(cq,cu,ct,cs,cr,cv){bV...

piwik.js (Zeile 59)
---
The method setTrackerUrl is registered more than once in "paq" variable. Only the last call has an effect. Please have a look at the multiple Piwik trackers documentation: http://developer.piwik.org/guides/tracking-javascript-guide#multiple-piwik-trackers

...th){bR[cu]=[cu,cq,cs,cr,ct]}},trackEcommerceOrder:function(cq,cu,ct,cs,cr,cv){bV...

piwik.js (Zeile 59)
---
TypeError: Z is undefined

....shift();if(o(Z)){M[Z].apply(M,Y)}else{Z.apply(M,Y)}}}function W(aa,Z,Y,X){if(aa...
	
piwik.js (Zeile 22, Spalte 371)