Tracking non visit data for a day

Is it possible to track data, that is not visit related?
Something like x New Articles in shop?

what do you mean exactly, you need to ask with more details thanks

I want to track a single custom value, which changed from day to day. It could be something like buyable articles in shop, new articles in shop, ranking in google for a specific keyword and so on. To track this custom data, i would simply use the api.
This would allow me to see the progress in a week, month or a year.

USE Custom Variables Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Yeah, this could work, but you cant create graphs for custom values. Because the custom value is a string not a number. Or did i miss something? And this would create a visit.

not sure what you really want, please explain clearly what data you wish to track and what reports you wish to get?

Like i’ve written before. I want piwik to track a single custom value daily on a specific time. For example, on each day a shop will send piwik the current counts of products.
In piwik i would like to see graphs for this specific custom variable. To see how the assortment get growing in a week or month or year.
This would allow us to track more than just visits in piwik.

Yes you can use Custom Variables or custom Page Titles for this

But how can i create a graph for this?

I’ve checked your demo piwik:
http://demo.piwik.org/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=7&period=day&date=yesterday#module=CustomVariables&action=index&idSite=7&period=day&date=yesterday

It’s possible to create graphs for how much visits a specific custom value a day have.
But not what custom value a day have in a week or month.

Another example, i create a custom variable named “temperature”, with temperature in degree as custom value.
On monday its 30 degree, on Tuesday its 25 degree and so on. Now i want to create a graph for this to see the temperatures of each day in a week. In month view, i would see the average temperature of a week (this depends on the kind of custom variable, it could be cumulated, too).
Sure, piwik is not a weather stats software, but custom variables like this would allow us to track more than just visits in piwik. Makes piwik more powerful :wink:

Sorry for much confusing, for me its always hard to describe something not in my first language.

To draw graphs for specific ROWS see this feature request (we are working on it!) Static PNG Graph: plot several metrics & multiple row evolutions · Issue #3013 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub