Tracking Code Empty On Settings->Manage->Tracking Code

Thanks for the update. Here is the one from my side:

Earlier today I have purchased another hosting package from one of the companies I already have hosting with. The package is identical with one I have previously had.

The new one, with the fresh 2.2.2 installation was showing the tracking code after the installation (with the database imported from the old server). I just checked now and tyhe tracking code cannot be seen anymore, it’s empty!

Configuration is Apache 2.2.27, configured as CGI/FastCGI, PHP is 5.3.28, server is running on FreeBSD 8.2.

I thought this could help in some way. So far, with my limited knowledge, I really could not connect anything in regards of this. I can only say the the server that I have never had trouble with is running on Linux. Not sure about Apache version. Some 2.x for sure.

:-/

Regards

Maybe the server that worked had apache 2.4 ?

For Apache 2.2 compatbility please try upgrade to 2.3.0 -rc which fixes an issue (discussed here Unicorn! · GitHub ) so hopefully it will work for you. If not, please post report, and anything you may see in error log?

The one that works is Apache 2.2.26.

As I will be moving one more site to the host in question, I’ll pick Linux instead of FreeBSD, not just because of Piwik, but because I would like to compare anyway. I’ll post if somethign different comes up.

Thanks

After updating to 2.3.0, all stayed the same. Still no code showing with two hosting companies, while it works with the third one. Westhost and Pair Networks - no code. Inmotionhosting - code is there.

@pwkuser could you please email me matt@piwik your Piwik URL + Access details + Details on how to reproduce the bug? I will take another look, thanks!

Fixed the problem! While this concrete case may not be applicable to many, the concept is something which everybody has to keep in mind.

I had a line in .htaccess:

RewriteRule scripts - [NC,F,L]

I have more restrictive rules like this, but with the full path and filenames. This one obviously picks anything having word “script” in it.

Matt: I wonder if this is actually supposed to be or if something can be changed on the Piwik side so it’s not afected by entries like this one.

Lesson: troubleshooting should always include .htaccess. The easiest way to start is not to have .htaccess at all, and then gradually go line by line (comment, uncomment).

Thanks