Tracking API

I was about to create a page that tracks an image on another site for updates, and keeps the old ones as some sort of a “backup”.

I found this from google and was wondering, does it work that way.
I hope to get a reply soon and some help with that, so I can get my “tracker” functional.

can you explain better what you are trying to achieve? I didn’t understand

[quote=matt]
can you explain better what you are trying to achieve? I didn’t understand[/quote]

I’m trying to make a thing that looks for changes of an image. If an change is seen, it will download it and move and rename the old one somewhere. Then (if possible) it could add a link to that old on a html table.

are you using this as a sort of cms to track versioning of actual images?

To do this, generate some kind of code or hash for your files, track them as Custom variables: Custom Variables Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo
this should get you started!

[quote=lesjokolat]
are you using this as a sort of cms to track versioning of actual images?[/quote]
What is a cms?

[quote=matt]
To do this, generate some kind of code or hash for your files, track them as Custom variables: Custom Variables Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo
this should get you started![/quote]

Could you give me an example? I’m new to this kind of things…

content management system

im guessing you should look at adobe light room or check out canto cumulous some say subversion is good but i have no context to advise.

[quote=lesjokolat]
content management system

im guessing you should look at adobe light room or check out canto cumulous some say subversion is good but i have no context to advise.[/quote]

It’s hosted on a server I don’t have access to modify software, or access the shell. That’s why I need a script.

canto might do the trick it can scan volumes of files even remotely. you just need to set up the software and administer it

[quote=lesjokolat]
canto might do the trick it can scan volumes of files even remotely. you just need to set up the software and administer it[/quote]

I’m running the script from a webserver I have no access to the software.