Track single visitors?

Hello,
is it possible to enable Piwik to track single visitors? I mean tracking single user accounts activity on a web site, e.g. “user John Doe visited Homepage, then moved to Products etc.”, having some report like “most active users” (by login) and so on.

I’m actually testing Piwik for an Intranet project, and would like to be able to have some info about users visits. Would I need to develop a custom plugin (and to pass it custom data) in order to do so? Did anybody implement something like this?

Thanks for any answer,
al.

I then found my question is somewhat a FAQ, and that what I need will be implemented in ticket 998 - sorry for asking again guys.

Waiting for this sample plugin to be available, is there any other (even partial) sample from which to understand what has to be done to log (store), archive, retrieve, and display custom data? Did anybody develop something similar?
Thank you,
al.

FYI, I will be working on putting ‘Visitor custom variable’ in Piwik in the next release. Keep an eye on the ticket: Custom Variables support: new JS API and new reports · Issue #1984 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub or the next release.