Track Apache Directory Listing

Hi there Piwik community,

this is my very first post to these forums, thus first of all, thanks a lot for this great Analytics software. I just get started to use it for my wordpress blog and phpbb3 forums and so far it’s working great. One thing I’m wondering about is: how may I track an Apache Directory Listing? I mean, there is no html or php file where I could enter the Piwik Javascript Tracking code into. So far I used the respective footers of my Wordpress and phpbb3 templates to achieve this, but I urgently need to track my Download directory (and subfolders) at piranha.pwnz.org/pub as well. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
or4n9e

Write one script to serve up the directory listing. Add the tracking code to this script.

Each link to a download would load a second script. It too would have the tracking script. The script could then do a redirect or serve up the actual downloadable content.

Write one script to serve up the directory listing. Add the tracking code to this script.

Each link to a download would load a second script. It too would have the tracking script. The script could then do a redirect or serve up the actual downloadable content.

Sorry, but I do not entirely understand what you’re saying. May you please provide an example regarding to the index I mentioned, i.e. explain this in (at least a bit) more detail?

I myself thought about using the ReadmeName Directive and introduce the Piwik Tracking into the README.html in the meantime, but unfortunately my webhost doesn’t allow this.

thanks!

Hi or4n9e

Maybe this helps you:

www.redips.net/apache/styling-directory-listings/

But as I read from your previous post you have no access as root to the server? I think that it also doesn’t work for you…

I guess that vipsoft want to say that you have to use a file sharing/file download script and not provide the directory listing.

Regards,
Christian.

But as I read from your previous post you have no access as root to the server? I think that it also doesn’t work for you…

Thanks for the link! I already read dozens of those tutorials in order to get ReadmeName Directive to work to no avail. I don’t have access to the root server but I’m allowed to use .htaccess (without restriction as the host says). Everything=CSS, icons works awesome (see directory listing) but the footer/header. Thus, no idea where to put the Tracking Code.

Thanks anyways

This is solved! I just needed to add

<Files "readme.html">
ForceType text/html
</Files>
Readmename readme.html

to my existing .htaccess and the footer showed up (now with Piwik tracking)

Thanks!