Too few e-commerce orders tracked after upgrade

Since having upgraded from 2.7.0 to 2.9.1 (including an upgrade to PHP 5.5, thank you very much), Piwik is tracking between 0 and 2 orders per day even though there are many more being placed successfully. It worked fine before the upgrade. Visits are fine AFAICT though.

This is very strange, since it should either track all of them or none, right? How can this happen? Maybe something went wrong in the failed update to 2.9.1 when PHP hadn’t been upgraded yet? The files are exactly those from the downloaded .zip, but might the database be in a wrong state? The orders are being tracked through the PiwikTracker.php on the server side.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Hi there,
that’s strange, as nothing should prevent orders from being tracked in Piwik.

in your order pages, do you see the piwik.php request via your browser console ?

You can also enable the debug in the tracker: Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

do you see errors in your server error log ?

Hi matt,

thanks for the reply. The apache error log only contains the error that was already reported here: 301 Moved Permanently I don’t know if/how that’s related.

Maybe the orders are tracked, but the cron script is somehow broken? Its log doesn’t report any errors after each run though. It’s really mysterious.

I shall try the piwik debug mode next, since the order tracking works completely server-side.

P.S.: It does track plenty of abandoned carts though. I’ve disabled setting the visitorId on the backend, we’ll see how that goes.