we test the latest (2.14.1) version of PiWik.
There are two pages where we want to track user activity - index.html, and from it the gallery.html is linked.
Here’s the problem scenario:
- Visitor comes to index.html
- As long as he’s on that page, I see in PiWik that the “time on page” increases every 5 seconds
- Let’s say he stayed there for e.g. 4 minutes
- Then he clicks on the link leading to gallery.html
- In that moment, the time on page for index.html is reset to 5 seconds (from the four that I saw before in step 3.)
Here’s the screenshot. The issue is marked with the red circle
There is 5 seconds, but before the user went to the “green” page there was 4 minutes.
In both pages, the code below is used for tracking:
[size=large]Any ideas why the time on page value is being reset when going to the other page?[/size]