The period Parameter (DAY vs YEAR)

BACKGROUND: I believe to have found a serious bug. Either this, or there is something about Matomo reporting periods that I do not understand. At this point, I do not know which, for there is much that I do and do not understand about Matomo.

Perhaps I have exceeded a data limit of a particular set of parameter . This seems doubtful, however, as I have only been using Matomo in the way that I am using it in this case since July 10, 2018.

Please find below to HTTP GET Requests. The requests different only in the value assigned to the &period parameter. But, look at the different in output. The set of parameters returned are not the same. Notice that there are two fewer parameters when &period=year, and two additional parameters when $period=day,

CASE ONE (&period=day)

Request: https://.../matomo/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.get&idSite=1&period=day&date=today&format=JSON&token_auth=...

Gathered Data

{"nb_uniq_visitors":2,"nb_users":0,"nb_visits":2,"nb_actions":113,"nb_visits_converted":0,"bounce_count":0,"sum_visit_length":52,"max_actions":76,"bounce_rate":"0%","nb_actions_per_visit":56.5,"avg_time_on_site":26}

Parameter Summary:

nb_uniq_visitors *
nb_users *
nb_visits
nb_actions
nb_visits_converted
bounce_count
sum_visit_length
max_actions
bounce_rate
nb_actions_per_visit
avg_time_on_site

CASE TWO (&period=year)

Request: https://.../matomo/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.get&idSite=1&period=year&date=today&format=JSON&token_auth=...

Gathered Data

{"nb_visits":478,"nb_actions":6626,"nb_visits_converted":0,"bounce_count":256,"sum_visit_length":108109,"max_actions":241,"bounce_rate":"54%","nb_actions_per_visit":13.9000000000000003552713678800500929355621337890625,"avg_time_on_site":226}

Parameter Summary

nb_visits
nb_actions
nb_visits_converted
bounce_count
sum_visit_length
max_actions
bounce_rate
nb_actions_per_visit
avg_time_on_site

QUESTION: How can there be fewer parameters in the longer period?

Roddy

Is it really true that this is a non-issue, or am I posting it in the wrong place? The data speaks for itself.

Roddy