The Method 'invalidateArchivedReports' does not exist

Hello,

I want to try to invalidate log entries by calling “invalidateArchivedReports” (see How do I record tracking data in the past, and tell Piwik to invalidate and re-process the past reports? - Analytics Platform - Matomo), but I get this error message (the translation is “The method ‘invalidateArchivedReports’ doesnot exist or is not available in the module ‘\Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\API’”):

<result>
    <error message="Die Methode 'invalidateArchivedReports' existiert nicht oder ist im Modul '\Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\API' nicht verfügbar."/>
</result>

The URL i use to call it is like this:

http://test.invalid/?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.invalidateArchivedReports&idSites=1&dates=2015-07-16&token_auth=1234567890

I’m using Piwik 2.14.1.

Any idea why it doesn’t work?

Best regards!
Stefan Wagner

Hi Stefan

Please check your are using a token_auth for a Super User in Piwik.

Hello Matt,

thanks that was the fix for the problem (but the error message could be a little bit more helpful :wink:

Did this change in one of the last releases? I thought that it worked when I implemented ist for the first time…

Best regard!
Stefan

Hi there,

Yes we could display better message! Could you suggest this in a new issue at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub ?

Btw: What happened is that you changed your password which changed your token_auth