The merged asset : couldn't be parsed for getting the hashcode

I have manually updated piwik from version 0.6.3 to version 0.6.4.
The manual update was necessary because there was no auto-update link offered to me.
I have emptied the whole piwik-folder and copied/uploaded the contents of latest.zip into it.
Finally I have adapted the config.ini.php to server-situation.

Now I get the following error message(s):

Piwik  # open source web analytics

The merged asset : couldn't be parsed for getting the hashcode.
Backtrace:

#0 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/core/AssetManager.php(386): Piwik_AssetManager::getMergedAssetHash('css')
#1 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/core/AssetManager.php(433): Piwik_AssetManager::removeMergedAsset('css')
#2 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/CoreUpdater.php(64): Piwik_AssetManager::removeMergedAssets()
#3 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(284): Piwik_CoreUpdater->dispatch(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification))
#4 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(532): Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Array, Array)
#5 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/core/FrontController.php(227): Piwik_PostEvent(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification), true, false)
#6 /home/www/web123/html/admin/stats/piwik/index.php(58): Piwik_FrontController->init('FrontController...')
#7 {main}

What could be the reason for this error message?

Thank you for you help in advance!
With best regards
Inno

Please see solution in: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/1493

Same error here but with automatic update… r2620 doesn’t fix the problem for me. =(

Best regards

Torsten

Please only try the following patch: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/1493

after applying, you should not get the same error message. is it still failing?

Should be the same as replacing the file with this version: dev.piwik.org/trac/export/2624/trun…ssetManager.php

That’s what I did. :wink:

None of these solutions worked, what to do?

This is the exact error

The merged asset : couldn't be parsed for getting the hashcode.
Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/core/AssetManager.php(386): Piwik_AssetManager::getMergedAssetHash('css')
#1 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/core/AssetManager.php(433): Piwik_AssetManager::removeMergedAsset('css')
#2 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/plugins/CoreUpdater/CoreUpdater.php(64): Piwik_AssetManager::removeMergedAssets()
#3 [internal function]: Piwik_CoreUpdater->dispatch(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification))
#4 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(284): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/core/PluginsManager.php(532): Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification), true, false)
#6 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/core/FrontController.php(227): Piwik_PostEvent('FrontController...')
#7 /var/www/jim/data/www/stats.jblack.info/index.php(58): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#8 {main}

that solution worked for me. thx

contact us by email with exact description, piwik url and pwd. thx

for me it worked too…

I will send you my piwik-test url.

Thanks, no more error with this solution.

Sorry I read that it dodn’t work :slight_smile: no need to send your piwik URL if all works OK

My fault… thought the AssetManager.php was updated, but didn’t because of insufficient rights on the file. ggg