Text as Datasource

Hi !

I have got an assignment from my Company…

They are asking me to use a Text file as a DataSource instead of using MySQL Database For displaying GRAPHS onto the DASHBOARD…I am a fresh Engineering Graduate dont have any experience…

Pls kindly help me out…

Ah yes, I remember my days as a new grad. I see the tradition of “sink or swim” hasn’t changed. =)

There is currently no built-in support to populate the graphs from a text file.

The solution depends on what your constraints, timeframe, and short-term vs long-term goals are.

A quick hack would be to change the data-file URL parameter used by the Open Flash Chart widget to point to your static file (instead of the Piwik server). Note: the ‘data-file’ parameter is an escaped URL. Capture the output from the Piwik server and/or study the source to figure out the format of the data stream.

Thank you Sir…

Whether can i create a plugin for displaying the graph seperately
with the flat file as datasource…

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 23 2009, 12:35 PM]Ah yes, I remember my days as a new grad. I see the tradition of “sink or swim” hasn’t changed. =)

There is currently no built-in support to populate the graphs from a text file.

The solution depends on what your constraints, timeframe, and short-term vs long-term goals are.

A quick hack would be to change the data-file URL parameter used by the Open Flash Chart widget to point to your static file (instead of the Piwik server). Note: the ‘data-file’ parameter is an escaped URL. Capture the output from the Piwik server and/or study the source to figure out the format of the data stream.[/quote]

Look at the example plugins for a starting point.