Test with 500,000 visits

(Gus) #1

Hi,
I (manually) generated 500.000 visits during yesterday for the same site. Piwik has worked very well and very fast (2min30 with a cronjob), except the Actions’ part, where the first page’s URL visited counted only 250 views …

Today, I will generate 10.000 fake sites and a maximum of visits for them.

If you have any advice for my tests are as close to reality …!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

that sounds like an interesting test, I would love to hear the results!
are you using the visit generator for this?

(Christophe) #3

Hi Gus,

it would be very interesting so see how Piwik behaves for medium sized sites (e.g. 20.000 hits per day) after a few years. For example after 5 years there should be more than 50 million database rows and I’m not sure if Piwik handles this easily.

Best regards
Christophe

(holch) #4

[quote=Christophe @ Apr 27 2010, 05:49 PM]Hi Gus,

it would be very interesting so see how Piwik behaves for medium sized sites (e.g. 20.000 hits per day) after a few years. For example after 5 years there should be more than 50 million database rows and I’m not sure if Piwik handles this easily.[/quote]

Hmm, on the other side, does it really make sense to keep 5 year old information? First of all the website isn’t probably the same anymore and besides some sentimental comparison to the past, what do you need 5 years of web analytics data for?