Test with 500,000 visits

Hi,
I (manually) generated 500.000 visits during yesterday for the same site. Piwik has worked very well and very fast (2min30 with a cronjob), except the Actions’ part, where the first page’s URL visited counted only 250 views …

Today, I will generate 10.000 fake sites and a maximum of visits for them.

If you have any advice for my tests are as close to reality …!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

that sounds like an interesting test, I would love to hear the results!
are you using the visit generator for this?

Hi Gus,

it would be very interesting so see how Piwik behaves for medium sized sites (e.g. 20.000 hits per day) after a few years. For example after 5 years there should be more than 50 million database rows and I’m not sure if Piwik handles this easily.

Best regards
Christophe

[quote=Christophe @ Apr 27 2010, 05:49 PM]Hi Gus,

it would be very interesting so see how Piwik behaves for medium sized sites (e.g. 20.000 hits per day) after a few years. For example after 5 years there should be more than 50 million database rows and I’m not sure if Piwik handles this easily.[/quote]

Hmm, on the other side, does it really make sense to keep 5 year old information? First of all the website isn’t probably the same anymore and besides some sentimental comparison to the past, what do you need 5 years of web analytics data for?