I am testing Matomo Tag Manager, but I am unable to send Events to backend.
What I have configured:
- Trigger “click-test” - Click element with ID “click-me”
- Tags - Event type; “test” as category, action and event name; executed when “click-test” is triggered.
- Page views are being registered. But,
- If I use preview mode (i.e., using ?mtmPreviewMode=xxxxxx), I can see events being properly managed.
- If I don’t use preview mode, events do not appear on Dashboard > Behaviour > Events.
I don’t see any JS exception on firefox / chrome console. Adblocker is disabled. Apache access log shows no attempt to contact matomo backend when the event is triggered.
Nonetheless, If I change tag for custom html and inject a direct call to _paq.push([‘trackEvent’, ‘test’, ‘test’, ‘test’])… then it works! Even without preview mode. But then I lose the option to send the text of the button that has been clicked.
I’m using the latest version of browsers and matomo (3.14.0) on-premise.
Any idea on what could be wrong on my configuration?