System not reachable after Update to 4.14.1

I got a message of my matomo installation, that a new version 4.14.1 is available.

After clicking the update automatically link in the mail, i came to the page where i have to start the update by clicking on a button.

After a few seconds i got a white page with no content.

Now my system is not reachable anymore!

After clicking the changelog link for version 4.14.1 in the mail, i get an error 404.

What is going on here?

I’ve updated to 4.14.1 without an issue, I expect the article about the new version has yet to be written / published, perhaps check your web server / PHP logs to see if there are any errors that might indicate the problem with your instance?

See this kind of errors in the log:

[22-Mar-2023 09:00:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class "ComposerAutoloaderInita8589bba0fef171abd252f715538f151" not found in /home/tcloudde/analytics/vendor/autoload.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /home/tcloudde/analytics/core/bootstrap.php(44): require_once()
#1 /home/tcloudde/analytics/console(18): require_once('/home/tcloudde/...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/tcloudde/analytics/vendor/autoload.php on line 25

Meanwhile I fixed the problem by downloading the new version 4.14.1 as zip and copied the extracted files of the vendor folder to my current installation.

After this, I got the console working again and did a console diagnostics:run which found some other files with wrong checksums in lang and plugins dir.

After copying them as well over my existing system all runs well again.

1 Like