Submenu will cover content if there are too many menus

Hello,
[attachment=85:00.png]
As the image shows, the content can not show correctly beacuse some content is covered by the submenu. If there are too many subMenus and it must be a new line for these submenu, these subMenus will cover the content.
This problem is more serious in IE6 because there are less menus for one line.

If we try to enlarge the browser, the mainmenu will not show correctly too if mainmenu need a new line. The mainmenu in a new line will be covered by submenu.
We can see in the last image, mainmenu “Goal” is been covered.
[attachment=86:01.png][attachment=87:02.png][attachment=88:03.png]

I think this problem will be more serious when user add many plugin which will add mainmenu or have many submenu.

I presume this is why you suggested deeper sub-menus…

I don’t have a solution, but going forward, we recognize that as the number of plugins with UI’s grow, we’ll need to figure out how to accommodate them in the limited real estate on the dashboard.

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 19 2009, 02:15 PM]I presume this is why you suggested deeper sub-menus…

I don’t have a solution, but going forward, we recognize that as the number of plugins with UI’s grow, we’ll need to figure out how to accommodate them in the limited real estate on the dashboard.[/quote]
Hello vipsoft,
This is not the reason why I want deeper sub-menu style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif
I create a plugin like this, now I use javascript to show and hide it…
[attachment=89:2.png]
This is a temporary method.

Superfish has a plugin called supersubs.js for variable width submenus. Would that help?

Thanks vipsoft,

I don’t know if it can help me. The problem is not very serious for me. If it go serious, I would go and see it… thank you:unsure:

This problem is very easy to arise when I use IE6 even it is maximized…