I am using a few sub domains on my website. The Piwik tracking code for them is the same, and I track visitors that are moving between the sub domains as unique.
The problem: In the “pages” report (and also the “entry pages” and “exit pages” reports) all URLs are mixed up independent on which sub domain they are running. First this is confusing, and second it seems to create wrong data! All index pages of the root and the sub domains are listed together as page URL “/index”. When I open the page overlay, the index page of the sub domain with the highest number of pageviews is displayed. But the data shown left hand in the “main metrics” section is the sum of all sub domains (pageviews, visits etc.). When I change the page overlay’s URL manually to another sub domain’s index page, the “main metrics” data stays the same.
I have read that other users seem to have the same problem, but obviously there is no solution. It’s difficult for me to believe that Piwik has such a bug. Thank you very much in advance for your help.