Strange Error 500

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange Server Error 500 problem…

My piwik-install has been running for several years now. The issue may be related to a php-update, but I don’t think so… (will explain later).

The strange thing is: I can login in the admin-backend without a problem. On the refresh, however, I get a Server Error 500. That /is/ of course possible. However: If I change the URL to not read: …&date=today to something like: …&date=1-1-2011 then I get /some/ result. This result-page is very crippled, (no css, no js) but it shows that piwik is running - for a bit, anyway :slight_smile:
If I look in firebug-logs to see where the CSS went, I can see a call to &proxy= etc, that, maybe a bit predictable, shows a Server Error 500 as return-value…

I can with .htaccess modify which version of php I’m running, so… I don’t think that is the problem, but please, correct me if I am wrong. I tried with 5.3.4 and 5.2.16.

The database is running (I even get a visitor count on the cripled page…???) so there is no problem there… But where to look to fix this… I have no clue… :frowning:

regards,

Paul

Check your webserver error logs, which should contain the information about the error.

Hi Matt,

thanks for you kind reply. I did check the errorlogs. All I can find there is a reference to the fact that it cannot find a file 500.shmtml… not much help, I’m afraid?

regards,

Paul

Please ask your webhost, there is some kind of limitations on the server probably?

If you’re not getting .css (and probably .js as well), then this 301 Moved Permanently should help with the unstyled pages, but may not help other resource limitations on your server.