Specify a download file or an outlink

I would like to know if it’s possible to qualify a download track or an outlink track with a name as

<a href='last.php' name='new_year_2010_pdf' class='piwik_download'>Link I want to track as a download</a>

?

I think it would be easier and usefull when you’re looking for a file or anything else ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Another question, is it possible, in the download part of Piwik, to search files which have been downloaded instead of the download url ?

Thank you everyone !

I’d say not - “name” is not a valid HTML attribute.

Well i say an name attribute like i could say “id” attribute in fact… style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Piwik’s JavaScript tracking API is flexible enough that you can implement your use case using trackLink().

Semantically, the name attribute wasn’t intended for this purpose, and syntactically, doesn’t allow the full range of characters permissible in a pathname/filename. (Even underscores were poorly supported in older browsers.)

Thank you vipsoft for your answer…

I got another question in this way…
Do you know if it’s possible to make a search in the document which has been downloaded and not the URL ?
For example, How many time the file “test20100102.pdf” has been downloaded ?
The search looks for only in the URL “www…”

Thank you again !

Will be fixed in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/969

Ok, thanks vipsoft… Well I stay tuned !