Some bugs

Hello.

I have installed Piwik some days ago.
There are some bugs.

1. Sometimes there are problems with the module that defines users Country (UserCountry). There is shown, that some users are from Portugal.

But, all users of my site are from Russia.

For example plugin GeoIP works good, all is ok.

1. When users are from Russia - there is shown, that the continent is Asia. But it isn’t right, because Russia is situated both in Europe and Asia, but most of the population live in Europe.

May be when users are from Russia - it will be right to show the continent “Eurasia”?

1. Piwik doesn’t defines mobile browsers, like Pocket IE, Opera mini, Opera mobile, Nokia browser and others. It sad.

2. There is some problems with the detection of the users screen resolution (PDA-browsers). For example, when the resolution is 480x640 or 800x480 Piwik detects it like 320x240.

And the last - there are some problems with the translation Piwik in Russian. The translation isn’t perfect. May be I can help you?

Sorry if my English isn’t well.

Sincerely yours,
Vovka.

Hello.

I have installed Piwik some days ago.
There are some bugs.

1. Sometimes there are problems with the module that defines users Country (UserCountry). There is shown, that some users are from Portugal.

But, all users of my site are from Russia.

For example plugin GeoIP works good, all is ok.

1. When users are from Russia - there is shown, that the continent is Asia. But it isn’t right, because Russia is situated both in Europe and Asia, but most of the population live in Europe.

May be when users are from Russia - it will be right to show the continent “Eurasia”?

1. Piwik doesn’t defines mobile browsers, like Pocket IE, Opera mini, Opera mobile, Nokia browser and others. It sad.

2. There is some problems with the detection of the users screen resolution (PDA-browsers). For example, when the resolution is 480x640 or 800x480 Piwik detects it like 320x240.

And the last - there are some problems with the translation Piwik in Russian. The translation isn’t perfect. May be I can help you?

Sorry if my English isn’t well.

Sincerely yours,
Vovka.

1. This is answered in the FAQ. Piwik uses the browser language to guess the country when GeoIP isn’t installed.

2. Create a trac ticket. A link to an authoritative source to justify the change would help.

3. and 4. Without JavaScript, no (not yet).

re: translation. See http://piwik.org/translations – send an email to translations (at) piwik.org with your changes.

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 18 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2. Create a trac ticket. A link to an authoritative source to justify the change would help.

I’ve tried to create a ticket in development area, but receive an error that TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. What’s wrong? May be you’ll help me to create the ticket? Thanks.

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Oct 18 2009, 07:47 PM]3. and 4. Without JavaScript, no (not yet).[/quote] Not yet, means that in future this function will be able? May be I need to create a ticket for this? Or such ticket is already created?

Thanks.

Ok. Patched ‘ru’ => ‘eur’ for the next release.

Yes, we’re working on non-JavaScript tracking.