[SOLVED] 2.10.0 Issues setup cronjob

System:
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Piwik 2.10.0

I created a cronjob in de cron.d directory as explained on the How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo page.

Problem 1:
su www-data -c "/usr/bin/php5 /path/to/piwik/console core:archive --url=http://example.org/piwik/"

Testing the cronjob with su www-data user. It asks for a password of www-data and as far as i know it is not safe to give www-data user a real password. It is meant not to have a password to keep apache boxed in on the system.

Problem 2:
No emails and recent data

I setup the cronjob yesterday and did not receive any emails (and i have not set an error.log in the cronjob) so it should email me on errors.I also don’t see a archive.log file where i said to create one (/var/log/ directory). Also my data is not up to date at all that possibly shows that the cronjob isn’t doing anything actually. When i set archiving to browser it shows me the current data i need to see but not with the cronjob option with the 3600 seconds set.

Do i miss explainations or mods or settings for all these things??
Can’t find a proper answer anywhere and also for the 2.10.0 version of piwik.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Greets Onno

Update:
12-02-2015, 16:43
Fixed the email problem. Using sendmail on the ubuntu install. Only problem is when i send a pdf report manually i receive it but in the manager i receive a message that it failed to open the stream and sent email was not successfull.

I keep working on it but tips and tricks are welcome.