Slow after upgrading to 2.03

So we have been using Piwik for a little over a year now. Never had any issues, everything was fast, and ran great.

Had a small hiccup during the upgrade but was able to make it through. After the upgrade was complete I noticed it was a bit sliggush on the main panel. Changing to monthly stats would completely die out initially due to execution time exceeded.

I went ahead and upgraded to latest beta but it is still very sluggish compared to version 1

We are running standard Cpanel Centos 6.4, Apache 2.2.26, PHP5.4.25

Setup: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Yep did that after I posted above. Although I am getting errors when the cron runs:

INIT
Querying Piwik API at: Index of /analytics
Running Piwik 2.1-rc8 as Super User: dkent
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: Index of /analytics. The response was empty. This usually means a server error. This solution to this error is generally to increase the value of ‘memory_limit’ in your php.ini file. Please check your Web server Error Log file for more details.
ERROR: The Piwik URL Index of /analytics does not seem to be pointing to a Piwik server. Response was ‘’.

php memory is at 512 already and I have already rechecked the cron line.

/usr/bin/php5 /home/bluerayc/public_html/analytics/misc/cron/archive.php --url=http://bluerayconcepts.com/analytics/ > /home/bluerayc/public_html/analytics/misc/log-analytics/piwik-archive.log

-f doesnt work so i removed it.

Please try with 2.1 RC as we have much improved this part 301 Moved Permanently

Already did currently on RC8

you arent using suhosin memory control are you?

how did you specify the memory in php.ini can you paste the setting of just memory definition to review?

No on the memory control

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 45
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 512M

ok looks good is it possible the master php values are being used thus a lower value is actually used?

do you have any htaccess files in the piwik folder that could be hindring the mem setting?

htaccess and account level php were the first things I looked for. THere is no account level php.ini and the htaccess files do not contain any memory lines.

the memory definition I post was from the server php.ini.

what python version is being used any caching like nginx?

Just found another issue. Once i setup the cron job (that still didn’t work) all my data from the time i started running the cron is gone. Real time visitors data is showing accurately, but nothing else

As a test I went into general settings and Changed “Allow Piwik archiving to trigger when reports are viewed from the browser” back to yes. All my data showed back up. I am presuming that because the archiving cron job is not working the data was not showing.