Site search

our search engine has logic such that if there is only one match for a search, you are taken directly to that page.

how should logging be done to facilitate this system?

it seems like the way site search works, is that the page following a search is assumed to be a search result page. is that correct?

thanks for this great suite of tools!
-Integration_tester

By default piwik recordes a site search, when there ist a param like “s”, “search”, “q”, etc. present in the url:
http://piwik.org/docs/site-search/#track-site-search-using-url-parameters-default

Maybe you can also use the ways described in the two paragraphs following the one I linked to.

Please check the attached screenshot,
The scenario here is for a single visitor who browsed through the pages of the website.
Later the user search using the first keyword in the screenshot and exits the site but the %search exits is 0% but actually it should be 100%(Please correct me if i am wrong). Later the user again visits the site and search using the keywords in the screenshot and exits the site and still the %search exits is 0%.
Please suggest me where am i going wrong and i am using " Javascript trackSiteSearch() function" for site search tracking.

Thank You…

On the Site Search page, do not call trackPageView() in the normal piwik javascript tracker code. In the site search page, only call trackSiteSearch()

Thank You very much it worked…

i am bumping this as i have not yet found a sufficient answer.

the way my site backend works is that if only 1 search result is found, a search results page is not shown, and the user is taken directly to the requested page.

the way piwik interprets site search, is that the page returned by a search is assumed to be a search results page.

right now, the only workaround i can think of is to insert a fake action indicating a search result page when a user does a site search that would take them directly to the requested page instead of search results.

any better ideas?