Single visits counted double

Hi,

We notice this is the case for a growing number of sites.
There’s absolutely NO duplicate code present. We see it using Magento and the eCommerce plugin. We noticed it on a plain html page too.

Is this a known issue?
Is there a solution?

Thanks.

please post screenshot. surely thay cannot be DOUBLE but have a small difference. Maybe a same visitor creates a visit for each page view?

[quote=matt]
please post screenshot. surely thay cannot be DOUBLE but have a small difference. Maybe a same visitor creates a visit for each page view?[/quote]

I have attached a picture. As you can see these are duplicates, same ip, time, url.
I had a simple code on a one page website that had the same results.

Downside of this is it gives a false reflection of traffic in the All Websites section.

It looks like the piwik tracker code is triggered twice for your visitors. Check the code in your page that Piwik code should only appear and be called once

That was obviously my first thought, however it is 200% not the case. We’ve been checking this on one of our static sites (one static html page only) for months.

Currently is is happening on a Magento store as well, strange, since it is part of a network of 18 stores, only one counts duplicates.

Maybe it will be solved automagically after one of the future upgrades.

It won’t be fixed magically : if data is tracked TWICE it must somehow be tracked twice. There is a problem in your site.

Could it be that you are using the JS and the image tracking on the same page? I don’t know what happens - for instance - if you forget to put the before the .

Kind regards,
Daniele