Since upgrading to 2.15.0 - no Provider information from Geolocation data

Since upgrading my Piwik installation to 2.15.0, I’m not seeing any ISP/provider information from the real time data. Looking at the Geolocation set-up, the PHP (PECL) module is detected and the ISP is detected. The system shows that it can figure out the City and ISP.

I’m running Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.14, GeoIP PECL module 1.0.8, CentOS 7.1. Running cPanel/WHM too.

After 2.15 upgrade the Provider is now Unknown for all visitors.

Had to remove 2.4.13 files after buggy upgrade and reinstall 2.15 form files.
Reinitiated geoip (php) and provider extension.

Tried that - plus I nuked the entire Piwik installation and installed as new. Still not showing the provider. Another upgrade of Piwik 2.15.0 went fine, and that’s working without any difficulties, although that one is an nginx-powered server.

I stumbled over this issue after updating from 2.14.3 to 2.15.0 by deleting all files and re-uploading them via FTP.

Turns out the “Provider” plugin is disabled by default since 2.15.0 - see Disable ‘Provider’ plugin by default for new Piwik users (tracker performance) · Issue #8826 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub. It needs to be enabled for the providers to be shown again. (Caveat: Since the provider correlation is apparently done on logging a visit, the providers of visits while the plugin was disabled will not be shown even after the plugin activation. I don’t know if there is a way to trigger re-processing of those old visits.)

P.S.: I don’t use GeoIP.

1 Like