Server Times Out Loading Administration Page

I’ve gotten Piwik installed and everything appears to be working. The Dashboard is tracking and loads quickly (I am tracking a single website with around 500-1000 visits per day). The problem is when I click on the Administration Page Link and the server times out or loads incredibly slowly, 1-2 minutes per page load. I’ve tried increasing the memory limit and script execution timeout in php.ini and I have added archiving to crontab as was suggested by the FAQ but nothing appears to correct this. I am not seeing any errors in the Apache error log. Running on Debian 3.2.57-3+deb7u2 x86_64 with Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.4-14+deb7u11 and mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.37.

Any suggestions? I’m sure I’m missing something but I’m not sure what it would be.

I am able to get it to reliably load by bypassing proxy access through my firewall but the page loads are still painfully load only for this section.

Have you tried that in different browsers? Maybe thats not an server issue…

I see the same slow loading times (1-2 minutes per page) for only the Administration pages in Piwik since updating from 2.14.x to 2.16 and also in 2.16.1. I see no errors in the logs to suggest an issue. The problem is consistent in a test environment with absolutely no tracking occurring and in production with over 20k visits tracked per day. The response times for all dashboard pages are normal.

Has anyone else seen this or did @AlexBoorman find a solution?

It sounds like you are experiencing a serious issue and we haven’t heard of this prior. Would you please create an issue in our tracker: Issues · piwik/piwik · GitHub and we will follow up there?