Server resources

Hello,

I’d like to have a good idea for what kind of performance a server needs to reliably run this software on larger websites. I’ve been running it fine on my forum with the current VPS (Same VPS the forum uses), but as soon as I add the tracking code to my main website, the server chokes.

The VPS in question is an SSD, 6 CPU threads and 2GB RAM. Performance wise, there has not been any issue before using piwik.

But as mentioned, upon installing the code to my main website that uses its own dedicated server, everything on the VPS server slows to a crawl. Would like to know what it is that might be causing this. Website in question can have upwards of 250 concurrent users, but has only had the code installed during times of about 100 users. Current Alexa rank of about 46,600 with currently between 120,000 to 160,000 daily pageviews.

I’ve tried using this cron job instead of browser for archiving reports, but I cannot get the cron job to work. It just complains a lot about a module that I have already verified is there. And in fact I’m pretty sure my forum uses it.
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so’

Not sure what’s up with that, but I also don’t know that it would help the issue at hand.