"Sent from" URL in email reports contains IP address instead of host name

My email reports have an IP address for the host portion of the “Sent from” section at the top of the weekly email report. This causes all the logo and flag images in the report to be blank because the site that serves them is one of many virtual servers on the same IP address.

Sent from http://a.b.c.d/.

The report contains an IP address instead of a host name when the report is sent as a scheduled job. If I manually trigger a report to be sent from the administration interface, then the report is correct and contains a proper host name as part of the “Sent from” URL.

The “Sent from” uses the correct hostname un the URL for one server’s reports and an IP address in the URL for another. Very confusing.

I am running the latest version of Piwik, 3.0.4.

Hi! I’m having the same issue here. These are the links I found related to this problem, but it seems there is no solution yet…

Piwik Issue #5250 - HTML email reports: Links to Piwik and Icons not working on HTTPS (IP address used instead of hostname) which will take you to Various bugs when using SSL and/or a reverse proxy · Issue #6880 · piwik/piwik · GitHub and When the page is loaded over HTTPS but Piwik thinks it is loaded over HTTP, explain in a notification how to solve issue · Issue #9145 · piwik/piwik · GitHub

Did you solve your problem?