Segment user visibility

Hi,

I have created a segment by an administrator user and set its visibility settings to “All users”. Another user with read permissions for this site, tries to use the segment and receives the error “You do not have enough permission to access the segment visitIp”. The segment uses the visitor’s IP address to categorize the visitors.

Why is the segment not available to all users, since the visibility setting is set to all users?

Hi Vasilis,
I can’t reproduce your problem. I just created a new Segment as admin an made it available to “All Users”. When logging in as a user with read access I can still access the segment. Are you using the latest version?

Cheers!

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’m using the latest, 1.12. Did you use the visitor’s IP address in your test segment?

Can this be related to this bugfix ?

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/4011

Maybe you can try to patch your installation see if it helps …

Dali

@dali: Good find!

The solution is backported to the 1.X branch. You can expect a new release in a few weeks that will solve this issue!

[quote=dali]
Can this be related to this bugfix ?

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/4011

Maybe you can try to patch your installation see if it helps …

Dali[/quote]

Yeap, this was it. Just applied the patch and it works.

[quote=“Fabian Becker”]
@dali: Good find!

The solution is backported to the 1.X branch. You can expect a new release in a few weeks that will solve this issue![/quote]

Will we get a notice of the imminent release, so that we can work on the translations and have a 100% complete translation when the package comes out? I mean, the translation I’m interested in is already completed, but I notice that every day or so, new strings appear and are untranslated. I suppose these are from the 2.0 branch, but just to be sure, I (and other users I suppose) would like to receive a notice that eg. tomorrow release 1.13 will take place, just to spend some time and work on any untranslated strings.

Thank you in any case. Piwik is simply Awesome! :slight_smile: