Safemode error and app problem after update

When i updated Piwik to te latest version right after ik cannot see most modules and the error given is this:

Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Piwik administrator for assistance.

So using the piwik software is now impossible.

Also i get the following error sins latest update:

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.5.0-b2) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php on line 170

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 shell_exec(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php:170]
#2 Piwik\CliMulti\Process::isSystemNotSupported(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php:153]
#3 Piwik\CliMulti\Process::isSupported(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti.php:163]
#4 Piwik\CliMulti->supportsAsync(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti.php:46]
#5 Piwik\CliMulti->__construct(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/SystemCheck.php:187]
#6 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\SystemCheck::getSystemInformation(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:406]
#7 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller::getSystemInformation(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:604]
#8 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller->setupSystemCheckView(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:429]
#9 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller->systemCheckPage(…) called at [:]
#10 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:576]
#11 Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:86]
#12 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/dispatch.php:34]
#13 require_once(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/index.php:47]

And next error

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.5.0-b2) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php on line 170

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 shell_exec(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php:170]
#2 Piwik\CliMulti\Process::isSystemNotSupported(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti/Process.php:153]
#3 Piwik\CliMulti\Process::isSupported(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/CliMulti.php:163]
#4 Piwik\CliMulti->supportsAsync(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/SystemCheck.php:188]
#5 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\SystemCheck::getSystemInformation(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:406]
#6 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller::getSystemInformation(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:604]
#7 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller->setupSystemCheckView(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:429]
#8 Piwik\Plugins\Installation\Controller->systemCheckPage(…) called at [:]
#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:576]
#10 Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:86]
#11 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/core/dispatch.php:34]
#12 require_once(…) called at [/home/admin/domains/hetespellen.be/public_html/piwik/index.php:47]

Thanks for the report. Can you please try to apply this patch: refs #5988 Add silent fail to prevent error message in safe mode · matomo-org/matomo@94a5d3e · GitHub

does it solve the issue for you? or do you see more error message?

Hi, this works for the backquotes error, thank you.

I now only have the request error as given in the first problem in my opening post.

So the statistic modules dont show up but given above error message oops… There was a problem during request.

Do you see any error in your server error log?

There are no related error’s in mij server logs.

I have added a screenshot of the piwik statistics page,
still dont know what is going on.

Thx for the anwser.
Tim

In your browser, open the developer tools. Then in the NETWORK tab, check the request. Next to the ones with error, what do you see ? Any error code or error message?

Hi Matt.

On this site or on the admin of piwik on my server?
cant find it in my admin page.

Thx Tim

Could you PM me the link to your piwik and the link to this forum post and access details? i’ll take a look

I get many errors now,
i now removed piwik, and downloaded the latest version, and installing it now again.

Hopeful that the problem is solved after that.

Thank you all for your solutions
Tim