[Request] Allow custom user agents

It would be nice to be able to configure criteria that would separate a modified browser from the original, such as one in a game vs the browser it is based off of.

The browser I am thinking of in the case is the one built into the game EvE Online. The useragent for this browser is:
“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/3.0.195.27 Safari/532.0 EVE-IGB”.

This browser shows up as Chrome, but it would be nice to have a way to configure it to show up as something else, and not have to redo it with every update.

By the way, someone could tell me where (which file) in the code is made the analysis of the browser from the user-agent ?

I would like to separate Chrome and Safari in my stats (I already did it with phpMyvisit but here with piwik i’m so far a little bit lost).

Thanks for you help

libs/UserAgentParser/UserAgentParser.php

Thanks very good information, clear and precise

See request for a better device detection (Tv, console, versions for OS, mobile device) in piwik! this ticket: Better Device detection (mobile, TVs, consoles, etc.): New "Devices" report? · Issue #3612 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub