Reprocessing logs after bugfix

I just reported a bug in the Tracking HTTP API, when using it the IP address cannot be submitted (the tracking API uses the server IP even when an explicit IP is set via URL) - Do not track the data when a token_auth is set to the Tracking API but is not valid · Issue #7202 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub contains further details.

I now have the problem that even after this bug is fixed, all the piwik statistics for the last 2 months contain wrong IP addresses for all visits. Is it possible to remove all data for a given timeframe and reinsert the visits? I know the processed data is regenerated by deleting the archive_* entries, but in this case, I would like to completely remove ALL data collected within the last two months, send the entries again via Tracking API, and then they can be processed again. Is this possible? (If it is not possible, this would be a great feature, especially when bugs like this occur - otherwise the only other option available is to delete all data and then re-insert ALL data from ALL time periods, which will take a huge amount of time)

Hi there,

Yes of course it is possible. You can manually delete the data from the log_* tables for the dates you want to delete.

Then you can re-import the new data.

Then follow this FAQ to have the new log_* data re-processed: How do I force the reports to be re-processed from the logs? - Analytics Platform - Matomo