Just upgraded to 3.8.0, but the following issue is probably related to 3.6.0, released on August 28th 2018.
When setting the reporting period to year 2018, I discovered that the report of social networks contains inconsistent figures. The number of visits is about 1/3 of the sum of visits in all 12 individual months in 2018.
After some hours of further investigation I found the following pattern:
- if the reporting period starts after August 28th 2018, the reported visits seem correct (= sum of individual months)
- if the reporting period ends before August 28th 2018, the reported visits are also correct
- but if the reporting period starts before August 28th and ends after August 28th, it looks as if the report only counts the visits after August 28th, not the visits before this date.