Reporting Issue - Parse Error

Hi there,

just playing around with Piwik for the first time, so sorry if my questions are nuts.
I’ve installed the script, database has been created and all looking fine. So I’ve added my website, copy&pasted the Script-Code onto every page, but it looks like the script isn’t capturing anything.

And when I copy&paste the js-code (the noscript-part) directly to my browser, the following error occurs:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /homepages/5/x424ffd/htdocs/piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php on line 154

Can anyone help out please?

What versions of php and piwik?

Not sure how you got past the Installer check for php, but it looks like you’re using php4. Your hosting provider can help you with making php5 your default.

[quote=vipsoft @ Sep 13 2009, 12:56 PM]What versions of php and piwik?

Not sure how you got past the Installer check for php, but it looks like you’re using php4. Your hosting provider can help you with making php5 your default.[/quote]

Ahhh…that’s it. Problem solved, thanks!

Next problem I have: I can’t add or delete widgets to the dashboard. Looks like Piwik doesn’t save my changes? I’ve deleted the FeedBurner widget for example. It’s still there as soon as I visit the dashboard again.

Dashboard layout changes are only saved for users with logins. (i.e., this excludes the anonymous user)

Thanks for your answer. I’m logged in as a super user, but no changes are saved. Is that normal?

Should work. Are you using 0.4.3?

Check your browser’s error console and web server log files for errors.

Yes, using 0.4.3. When deleting a widget, the orange error message appears on the dashboard and console output ist:

index.php?module=Dashboard&action=saveLayout - 404 NotFound

Does this help?

Check your mod_rewrite and mod_security configuration.

Using

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

to parse php -> php5. Can this cause the error?

Next thing: Search Engines aren’t tracked. I can see direct visitors and visitors coming from other sites, but Seach Engine shows no data.

PM me your site URL and admin login.

Hi,

thanks for your offer, but I think we cleared all bugs a few minutes ago with a PHP update to the newest version available.

Thanks for your help!

Looks really good, except the Search Engines: Only Google is beeing listed. Is this a known bug in Piwik?

It’s collected from the referer field of your site’s visitors. It’s not a log of bots.