Reporting exception in Goal

Hi guys,

I just added some goals to my fresh piwik setup and when I try to view any of them I got an error message asking me to report the error here in the forum, so there you go.

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.12) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Object of class Piwik_DataTable_Simple could not be converted to double in /var/www/piwik/plugins/Goals/Controller.php on line 36

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 sprintf(…) called at [/var/www/piwik/plugins/Goals/Controller.php:36]
#2 Piwik_Goals_Controller->formatConversionRate(…) called at [/var/www/piwik/plugins/Goals/Controller.php:192]
#3 Piwik_Goals_Controller->getGoalReportView(…) called at [/var/www/piwik/plugins/Goals/Controller.php:61]
#4 Piwik_Goals_Controller->goalReport(…) called at [:]
#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/var/www/piwik/core/FrontController.php:125]
#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/var/www/piwik/index.php:47]

Cheers,

Eric

Can you please explain the exact steps you took? I cant reproduce the issue but if you can reproduce it then i’m really interested as we should fix it!

Hi Matt,

This is pretty much an fresh install. I’ve added a new site and than added the goals, when I start getting the errors. The machine I’m running is for our test and learning only, so if you want I can provide you access to both the host and the piwik itself. My setup uses AWS RDS and EC2, so in order to give you access to the database, if you wish, please PM me your CDIR info so I can add your IP to our security groups.

The site was created with the following parameters:

Name: elefantes
Urls: elefantes
Timezone: Sao Paulo
Currency: Brazilian Reals

The remaining attributes are defaults. Since we wont be tracking real sites but apps, the urls I’m using are not compliance with domain names. Changing this later didn’t solved the error thou.

The goals are pretty standard too:

Id: 1, Name: Goal 1, Download a file , Pattern contains: goal1_achieved, Allow one conversion per visit
Id: 2, Name: Goal 2, Visit given URL , Pattern contains: goal2_achieved, Allow multiple conversion per visit

Cheers,

Eric