Report on average pageload times?

I am trying to create a report on average pageload times, but with no luck :frowning:
I put in the JS code as per the “Piwik Web Anlytics Essentials” book and now for each pageload I have a custom variable (scope = page) which shows its load time in milliseconds. However, I cannot extract it from there in any meaningful way:

• in Visitors Log, I can see it when I hover over the page but I need to go over each separate pageview

• in Pages widget - there is no column for it (ideally, I’d like it there as an additional column)

• in Live API, I cannot get a report for it (maybe I try with wrong parameters? this is what I am trying:
    ?module=API&method=Live.getLastVisitsDetails&idSite=1&date=today&period=week&segment=customVariableName1=@Pageload&token_auth=token&format=PHP

• it returns nothing though there are page views with Pageload variable set. Ideally, I’d like here a list of pages with average value of the Pageload variable for the week.

• in Visitors / Custom variables - I see a table which says
    Custom variable value 418, visits 1, unique visitors 1 etc. but there is no list of the pages where it happened, just an average over all views which doesn’t help me because I want to find the slowest pages.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you are tracking to track site speed: Site speed and Page speed - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Otherwise what you need, and I fully agree it is very badly needed, is the ability to send custom events. See feature request: Custom Events analytics, event tracking · Issue #472 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Yes, but “page generation” and “time for the user to load the page” are different. The code in the book tracks the latter, it’s just that I can’t find a way to display it in a report to see the slowest pages (slowest to load, not slowest to generate).

I admit the difference may not be too big and “page generation” may do the job, but I still wanted to find a good way to display the additional data from the JS code.

Ok, for this you would need the “custom event” feature I’m afraid! we will be working on this sometimes this year… so stay tuned