register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback Error after Upgrading

Greetings,

After upgrading from Piwik 1.11 to 2.02 it completley stopped working:
Warning: register_shutdown_function(): Invalid shutdown callback ‘’ passed in /usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php on line 66

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 register_shutdown_function(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php:66]

It can be seen here:
http://www.medihimal.org/piwik/

Hello

I have got exactly the same error message.

Though I updated form the latest version before 2.02.

Any help to get this solved?

We need very much our so loved Piwik dashboard.

(Matthieu Aubry) #3

What PHP version are you using?

Using PHP 5.4.23 here

Informationen auf Ihrem Server

Informationen auf Ihrem Server: Linux #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64

Version der Server-Software: Apache

PHP-Version: 5.4.23

Speichergrenze: 128M

max_execution_time: 300

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

You’re both using PHP 5.4.23 so maybe it’s a bug in this particular php version, can you try upgrade?

upgrade sadly not, my provider (Hetzner) sadly just offers to downgrade it.

(Matthieu Aubry) #8

Maybe downgrade to 5.3.x would work ?

That worked. But i fear for those who cannot downgrade so easy without breaking the whole site.

(Matthieu Aubry) #10

yes you’re absolutely right! I have created ticket at invalid shutdown callback when eAccelerator is enabled · Issue #4439 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

also proposed a fix at: Refs #4439 Registering the callback in the frontcontroller and using … · matomo-org/matomo@8318219 · GitHub

can you please try this fix with the previous php version that it was not working?

Seems not to work, just getting a blank screen without output. I attched the 2 changed files as Rar archive. its not a pdf as it claims.

(Matthieu Aubry) #12

The two correct files can be found here:

https://raw.github.com/piwik/piwik/master/core/FrontController.php
https://raw.github.com/piwik/piwik/master/index.php

Re: blank screen -> do you see an error in your server error log file ?

ok updated with your files, the blank screen is gone now and he shows me a error. Now also the Login
window shows up.
Warning: usort() expects parameter 2 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/View.php on line 212

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 usort(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/View.php:212]
#2 Piwik\View->render(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:105]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\Login\Controller->login(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:65]
#4 Piwik\Plugins\Login\Controller->index(…) called at [:]
#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/FrontController.php:117]
#6 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/Plugin/Controller.php:741]
#7 Piwik\Plugin\Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:57]
#8 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]
#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/core/FrontController.php:117]
#10 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/usr/www/users/medihi/medihimal/piwik/index.php:62]

Oh that is good that you are willing to help.

I am not so technically skilled but can tell you that we are hosted via HETZNER, too!

So, very likely the php version or Hetzner peculiarities are the source :frowning:

(Matthieu Aubry) #15

Please post a comment in this ticket if you experience this bug with PHP 5.4.23 or with a different PHP version: invalid shutdown callback when eAccelerator is enabled · Issue #4439 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Happy new year!

I do not dare to update as long I do not know wheter the ne 2.03 works.

Can anyone tell me with Hetzner?