RealTime log shows visitors, all other stats read zero since 2.0

Creating a new dashboard did not help. Still says “There is no data for this report.” Other tabs show data.

And the problem shows for last 30 days not including today. If I choose last 30 days including today, all the data shows up.

There is definitely a problem with time zones.
I am on UTC+1.

Since two days I can see the following:
Piwik works normally from 1.00 to 24:00.
But from 0:00 to 1:00 NO visits are counted. I only see “0” on all statistics (dashboard and all other pages). At 1:00 everything starts to work again.

I agree, there is serious bug in version 2.0. It does appear to have to do with time zones.

I did a fresh install yesterday of 2.0. Activity was being recorded correctly for most of today. But then at some point the widgets stopped showing new activity. Come to find out the system thinks that activity is happening tomorrow. But we haven’t reached tomorrow yet. I am on New York time.

We will definitely investigate and fix, but will need a bit of time. One note: the data should always be tracked in the DB, the bug is only with “displaying” the data with regards to timezones. stay tuned

[quote=sascha.heil]
Updated yesterday evening and got the same problem today.

Changing “Report date to load by default” under Settings/User Settings from Previous 30 days (not including today) to Last 30 days (including today) works fine.

I will see what hapend tomorow…[/quote]

Since piwik 2.0.1 the problem changed. Now I get “no data” when using Last 30 days (including today) and it works fine with Previous 30 days (not including today)

I just updated to 2.0.1 and it’s still the same. No data for Previous 30 days (not including today), but there’s data for Last 30 days (including today).

Thanks for the report. Here is the ticket where we will keep track of it.

If you have clear idea of when data is not available please post in the ticke to confirm you are all experiencing same issue. thanks & we hope to have a fix soon, once we do we’ll release 2.0.2 !

I think my issue is related.

My month views show no visitors for a month of September, but the week and day views show there are visitors.
It doesn’t make sense. This is true of dashboard and overview graph and tables. When i drill down in the visitor log, I can see them even in the month view.

Did this upgrade one at the command line. Ubuntu Server latest LTS, standard packages from repo.

I too am having this issue.

My Visitors Overview widget is showing up, but when navigating to any of the “tabs” on top, such as Vistors, Referrers, nothing will come up and I get a “Oops… problem during the request, please try again.”

When tracking down the failed request, I can find the bad post request in my browsers logs. Here’s an example:
my.piwik.domain.com/index.php?date=previous30&module=Actions&action=indexPageUrls&idSite=14&period=range

Nothing is returned from the server. No error log is generated, the request dies silently and I have not a clue why.

I also tried setting my default data range to “Previous 30 days”, but that didn’t change anything, still getting blank tabs/reports.

The funny thing is, on my dev server where I tested the upgrade before actually performing it, it works as expected. In fact it’s still working normally. My dev environment is in the same timezone as I am(US Eastern), but my live environment is in central time.

My Dev is running PHP 5.3.3, and my live is running 5.3.23.

My piwik status page reports everything is set up correctly. I have tried clearing out and setting some loose permissions on my piwik/tmp folder, and that has not fixed the problem.

I allowed piwik to update the code, then ran the database update via the command line. When I noticed this problem yesterday, I tried downloading and applying the code manually, to be sure a file transfer error was not the cause. This also produced the same results.

I can provide more information about my setup if requested.

Thank you so much for your time.

When the request dies silently, most likely is a error, check your server error logs ?

I checked the logs, nothing is reported.

I am from India, comparing to UTC, my time is +5.30. Piwik is starting its tracking function only after 5.30 in the morning. My server stats shows traffic during the time. Any solution for the same?

Same bug as I am talking about here: 301 Moved Permanently

We think we have found the issue! Can you please apply following change. Open file core/DataAccess/LogAggregator.php
replace at line 149

$this->dateStart = $params->getPeriod()->getDateStart();
        $this->dateEnd = $params->getPeriod()->getDateEnd();

by:

$this->dateStart = $params->getDateStart();
        $this->dateEnd = $params->getDateEnd();

(source = Fixes #4380, make sure site's timezone is applied when selecting log … · matomo-org/matomo@2f3bb08 · GitHub)

Then either delete the piwik_archive_*_2013_12 , or wait up to 24 hours to see if the bug is fixed.

Does it fix it?

It seems to work. I deleted piwik_archive_*_2013_12, started the Auto-Archiving cron and can now see statistical data for the time period 0:00 - 1:00 that was missing before (I am on UTC+1).

The fix worked for me as well.

I also manually run the piwik/misc/cron/archive.php?token_auth=API_KEY - but I must warn you - it does take some time (a few minutes for me).

I applied the fix and my dash immediately went from -68% to -4% (and similar results across all sites). I’ll know for sure in the morning, but I think that was the fix! =D

I didn’t have to delete any archive files for this change to occur.

Piwik 2.0.2 has been released with this patch!

The patch worked for me, but I also had to manually delete the piwik_archive_*_2013_12 for it to work.

Same problem here… Referrer websites won’t load links.

Screenshot:
http://r.imgurl.nl/i/b1wlwV.png