Real Time Map Error after 2.6.1 Update

Getting the error on the Real Time Map after 2.6.1 update:
Error states, "There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.6.1) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘metrics’ in
XXXXX/plugins/UserCountryMap/Controller.php on line 226

Please assist, it seems with these last few updates that Piwik has become very very unstable. Many things are breaking and is becoming very frustrating…

please try to re-upload all files from 2.6.1 in your server as maybe some fiels are not to the latest version?

Same problem here.
Problem still persists after re-upload.

How did you both update? auto update or manual upload?

Did you check your php.ini memory setting after updates?

First 2.6.1 update was from auto update. When I discovered the error and found this post, I manually uploaded the piwik files with Filezilla. The error was still there.
My php.ini only contains this:

display_errors = off
expose_php = off
file_uploads = off

;open_basedir is disabled. When this is enabled, only files that are in the given directory/directories and their subdirectories can be read by PHP scripts. You should consider turning this on. Keep in mind that other web applications not written in PHP will not be restricted by this setting.
;open_basedir = /analytics/piwik

;upload_tmp_dir is disabled, or is set to a common world-writable directory. This typically allows other users on this server to access temporary copies of files uploaded via your PHP scripts. You should set upload_tmp_dir to a non-world-readable directory
;upload_tmp_dir =

;save_path is disabled, or is set to a common world-writable directory. This typically allows other users on this server to access session files. You should set save_path to a non-world-readable directory
;save_path =

I have the same problem as mentioned above. I did a complete new install, as I was not using Piwik before.
I am getting four different error messages, each related to the same problem.

Statement 1:
Warning: Illegal string offset ‘metrics’ in /[…]/analytics/plugins/UserCountryMap/Controller.php on line 226

Statement 2:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /[…]/analytics/plugins/UserCountryMap/Controller.php on line 226

Statement 3:
Warning: Illegal string offset ‘processedMetrics’ in /[…]/analytics/plugins/UserCountryMap/Controller.php on line 231

Statement 4:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /[…]/analytics/plugins/UserCountryMap/Controller.php on line 231

Is there maybe a way to turn off the display of the error messages, as the map is still being rendered? It is displayed just below all those yellow error boxes which are quite big as they state the whole backtrace each…

Everything else seems to work just fine. Thanks for info…

Sorry about that! This issue was fixed in latest 2.7.0-beta - please upgrade via beta channel : I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo