Re-processing from logfile after longtime errors

Hi,

I´ve been using Piwik since over one year and last month I move my webserver. Since this moving I got follwing errors in apache2 log file:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name()

and no stats are collected. Now I have eleminate the problem and want to re-process the stats but it doesn´t work like written in FAQ. Anybody know how I could dupe Piwik to re-process the stats?

Greetings,
controlc.de

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

what “doesn’t work” ?

(vipsoft) #3

As far as I can tell, the inclusion of geoip.inc (and geoipcity.inc) are via require_once, so there shouldn’t be any redeclaration.

To reprocess archives, you have to drop the archive tables, run plugins/GeoIP/misc/geoipUpdateRows.php, and then trigger archiving (either via the browser or cron job).

[quote=matt]
what “doesn’t work” ?[/quote]

Sorry.

After deleting archive tables and re-processing all data I still have a gap (flat line) in my stats.

But why

1. Are no stats recorded when this error (see first post) occurs?
  2. reprocessing archive don´t update the stats?

To reprocess archives, you have to drop the archive tables, run plugins/GeoIP/misc/geoipUpdateRows.php, and then trigger archiving (either via the browser or cron job).

As I wrote in other Thread after adding your patch to geoipUpdateRows.php I got the following error:

Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name() in ../plugins/GeoIP/libs/geoip.inc on line 347

(Thomas Seifert) #6

Well, maybe there are simply not stats recorded do the visits table while your outage was going on? If thats the case, then piwik can’t reprocess anything new.

[quote=“Thomas Seifert”]
Well, maybe there are simply not stats recorded do the visits table while your outage was going on? If thats the case, then piwik can’t reprocess anything new.[/quote]

Well, maybe - but I don´t know why no stats should be recorded because I see in the apache_access log file that GET commands was set to piwik and in apache_error I see a lot of “Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name()” lines.

Are the stats not recorded if a plugin runs into errors?

In table piwik_log_visit is a gap between 2011-03-03 and 2011-04-18 - all stats in this time are lost?