Re-processing from logfile after longtime errors

Hi,

I´ve been using Piwik since over one year and last month I move my webserver. Since this moving I got follwing errors in apache2 log file:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name()

and no stats are collected. Now I have eleminate the problem and want to re-process the stats but it doesn´t work like written in FAQ. Anybody know how I could dupe Piwik to re-process the stats?

Greetings,
controlc.de

what “doesn’t work” ?

As far as I can tell, the inclusion of geoip.inc (and geoipcity.inc) are via require_once, so there shouldn’t be any redeclaration.

To reprocess archives, you have to drop the archive tables, run plugins/GeoIP/misc/geoipUpdateRows.php, and then trigger archiving (either via the browser or cron job).

[quote=matt]
what “doesn’t work” ?[/quote]

Sorry.

After deleting archive tables and re-processing all data I still have a gap (flat line) in my stats.

But why

1. Are no stats recorded when this error (see first post) occurs?
  2. reprocessing archive don´t update the stats?

To reprocess archives, you have to drop the archive tables, run plugins/GeoIP/misc/geoipUpdateRows.php, and then trigger archiving (either via the browser or cron job).

As I wrote in other Thread after adding your patch to geoipUpdateRows.php I got the following error:

Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name() in ../plugins/GeoIP/libs/geoip.inc on line 347

Well, maybe there are simply not stats recorded do the visits table while your outage was going on? If thats the case, then piwik can’t reprocess anything new.

[quote=“Thomas Seifert”]
Well, maybe there are simply not stats recorded do the visits table while your outage was going on? If thats the case, then piwik can’t reprocess anything new.[/quote]

Well, maybe - but I don´t know why no stats should be recorded because I see in the apache_access log file that GET commands was set to piwik and in apache_error I see a lot of “Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name()” lines.

Are the stats not recorded if a plugin runs into errors?

In table piwik_log_visit is a gap between 2011-03-03 and 2011-04-18 - all stats in this time are lost?