Proxy Tracking isn't working

Hi there,

I tried to use the tracker proxy for some of my websites and went through the step-by-step implementaion but I see no data for the websites in my self-hosted Matomo.

I went through the implementation steps again to be sure that nothing is wrong, but found no issue. I implemented the tracking script with Google Tag Manager, but when I check my sites with Ghostery I see no Piwik / Matomo shown in the list of trackers.

May that be the problem? And how can I verify if the tracking code is loaded anyways?

Hi,

The easiest way to check if Matomo tracking is working fine is opening the browsers developer tool and checking for errors in the console and checking if in the network tab two requests to Matomo (or in your case the cache) are made: One fetching the js, the other sending the data.

Hi Lukas,

I checked that and no Matomo or Piwik is appearing in the network tab.

I also checked the custom html tag again which looks like this and triggers on all pages:

<!-- Matomo -->
<script type="text/javascript">
  var _paq = _paq || [];
  /* tracker methods like "setCustomDimension" should be called before "trackPageView" */
  _paq.push(["setDocumentTitle", document.domain + "/" + document.title]);
  _paq.push(["setCookieDomain", "*.www.domain.net"]);
  _paq.push(["setDomains", ["*.www.domain.net","*.www.domain.net"]]);
  _paq.push(['trackPageView']);
  _paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
  (function() {
    var u="//www.domain.net";
    _paq.push(['setTrackerUrl', u+'piwik.php']);
    _paq.push(['setSiteId', '2']);
    var d=document, g=d.createElement('script'), s=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
    g.type='text/javascript'; g.async=true; g.defer=true; g.src=u+'piwik.php'; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g,s);
  })();
</script>
<!-- End Matomo Code -->

Hi,

Please check that your browser isn’t blocking Matomo (and make sure the tag is firing)

Also follow the instruction from tracker proxy and make sure you are pointing the tracking code at the correct URL where you added the tracking proxy.