Problems while Upgrading to 3.9.0

Hello,

While auto upgrading to 3.9.1 the upgrading process stopped showing a blank page with following error message in the first line:

Matomo encountered an error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Plugin\Manager::getPluginDirectory() (which lead to: Circular dependency detected while trying to resolve entry 'Piwik\Twig')

I called Matomo again (not reloading the page) and Matomo worked fine with the actual version. I don’t know, whether there may be some misfunction in the background. I don’t hope.

Nevertheless I wanted to send you this feedback. Berhaps this may be helpful.

Regards, Will

I have encountered the exact same issue. I am not really sure wether files have been updated?!

Hi,

Please check https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo/issues/14227 for more information.

This shouldn’t have an influence on the update and will be fixed soon in

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I see probably bug in matomo/Manager.php at 3.x-dev · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub on line 450:
$corePluginsDir = PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH . ‘plugins/’ . $pluginName;
it creates path like /path_to_webplugins/PluginName
It should be /path_to_web/plugins/PluginName
Correct code should be probably:
$corePluginsDir = rtrim(PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH, ‘/’) . ‘/plugins/’ . $pluginName; as it is down on line 477.
Btw. why not to use directly that function self::getPluginsDirectory() ?

Hi Everyone,

OK so what is the resolution to this time wasting issue?

Matomo encountered an error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Plugin\Manager::getPluginDirectory() (which lead to: Circular dependency detected while trying to resolve entry 'Piwik\Twig')

Reload the page and everything should work again.

1 Like