Problems after upgrade to 0.5

After upgraded from 0.4.5, I have the following issues:

• Dashboard is not responsive for about 1 minute after page load - all widgets don’t work, can’t click on any menu items (tried Firefox and IE8). Broser cache cleared.
  • Sometimes when dashboard loads I’m getting “There is no/bad markup for form tag” message box
  • Actions.getActions disappeared from API, had to change to Actions.getPageUrls
  • Actions.getPageUrls returns data for last date only for request: ?module=API&method=Actions.getPageUrls&idSite=1&expanded=1&period=day&date=last30&format=php&token_auth=[REMOVED]&filter_pattern=pi&filter_column=label

[quote=yekorzh @ Dec 9 2009, 11:50 AM]After upgraded from 0.4.5, I have the following issues:

• Dashboard is not responsive for about 1 minute after page load - all widgets don’t work, can’t click on any menu items (tried Firefox and IE8). Broser cache cleared.

• Sometimes when dashboard loads I’m getting “There is no/bad markup for form tag” message box

• Actions.getActions disappeared from API, had to change to Actions.getPageUrls

• Actions.getPageUrls returns data for last date only for request: ?module=API&method=Actions.getPageUrls&idSite=1&expanded=1&period=day&date=last30&format=php&token_auth=[REMOVED]&filter_pattern=pi&filter_column=label[/quote]

• Actions.getActions was deprecated in 0.5 however it still works, and is now a bridge to Actions.getPageTitles

• Actions.getPageUrls only works for data collected since 0.5, before we were not collecting the page URLs

• can you see the issue with the dashboard on piwik.org/demo? Probably this is caused by the archiving triggered by the browser. See http://piwik.org/docs/setup-auto-archiving/ on how to make Piwik faster.

When I opened piwik.org/demo I got this message instead of visits chart
"Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [Syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0:
"
After page reload it dissapeared. I can’t say that dashboard is frozen - flash charts i active and menu works, but I still can’t get anything when I click on widgets - nothing happens.

Thanks for the help with API.

Error: iframe.dialog is not a function
Source File: http://www.administratorDoesNotAllowLinksTo.com/plugins/Feedback/templates/feedback.js?piwik=0.5
Line: 13
Error: self.dashboardElement.sortable is not a function
Source File: http://www.administratorDoesNotAllowLinksTo.com/plugins/Dashboard/templates/Dashboard.js?piwik=0.5
Line: 156

I get those errors in IE and Firefox after upgrading to 0.5, seems to be a Javascript issue!

If those are fixed, the dashboard should work again

PS: www.administratorDoesNotAllowLinksTo.com is a fake address as i didnt want to list my piwik! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I think I fixed by frozen dashboard problem.
There was a widget with “widget not found” error, as soon as I removed it - everything came back to normal.

Tom: in your case, it looks like libs/jquery/jquery-ui.js didn’t get loaded; can you check that the file was uploaded/extracted properly to your web server?

I’ve checked and it seems to be there on the server, i even tried the old one and redeployed the 0.5.

I found those 2 javascript errors in FF and IE, whats causing them to appear for me??

Tom: PM login info and your piwik URL, and we’ll take a look.

[quote=yekorzh @ Dec 9 2009, 09:58 PM]I think I fixed by frozen dashboard problem.
There was a widget with “widget not found” error, as soon as I removed it - everything came back to normal.[/quote]

same here: broken widget (name of the pages widget changed!)
AND even worse : swaped outputs of pages and page-titles.
=> reported here forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=2561

Hello,

lol - first read, then type - I see you refer on my post already…

Regards

[quote=yekorzh @ Dec 9 2009, 08:09 PM]"Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [Syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0:
"
After page reload it dissapeared.[/quote]

I’m getting the same error after an update from 0.5 to 0.5.1. It doesn’t disappear when I refresh the page or change the language. I don’t have any widget not found error either. I get it for the “last visits” and for the “visits by server time” graphs on the dashboard.

Actually, sometimes I do get the graph for last visits if I refresh the page, but most of the time I don’t get it. And I never get it for the by time graph. This worked flawlessly with 0.4.5 (edited) for me.

Another problem with 0.5.1 I just notice is that I cannot expand the downloads (Actions/Downloads). It lists the domains, but I cannot expand the domain to see the file names. Nothing happens when I click it.

bolero: the first issue is fixed in svn; the second issue has an open ticket in trac … I’m looking into it now…

Ok, the expanding tabs issue appears to be an IE8 regression with jQuery 1.3.2.

Can you guys test with IE8 in IE7 compatibility mode?

hi vipsoft,

i’ve read all question and answers within this topic since i have exactly the same issues!
by the way, it’s the very first time i encounter these kinds of problems with piwik, using it since about a year by now on 3 of my sites (all registering on the same DB)

now a few things are curious and it might help you to find the source of the problem:

this json-problem doesn’t appear on all sites at the same time, as a matter of facts i’d rather say that it’s random (which of course is very hard for you, since “to analyze a problem you have to make the program fail repeatedly!”)!
another problem is that the links listed under “keywords” are not clickable (which is my greatest source of information)!
changing the language doesn’t help (as suggested above)!
changing the compatibility-mode made the json-problem disppear ONCE (it’s back)!
changing the compatibility-mode helps as far as the clickable links are now really clickable!

hoping it helps a bit!
greetings from france! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

I’ve checked in a change where Piwik outputs the IE7 emulate tag, forcing IE8 into IE7 compatibility mode.

The “random” JSON error error occurs when the page is refreshed/reloaded. This is also fixed in SVN.

Watch for 0.5.2 in the coming days.

I can canfirm that IE8 expands in either IE7 Quirks or IE7 Standards Mode. I’m not convinced that this is the solution, though. The rendering between IE7 and IE8 modes may be different, thus affecting the layout.
Is this a known problem between that specific version of jQuery and IE8? And can we be sure that the problem is in IE8 and not in jQuery? I did not have this problem with IE8 and the version of jQuery that was included with Piwik 0.4.5.

Matt asked me the same question.

In earlier versions, Piwik used jQuery 1.2.6. We now use jQuery 1.3.x which contains a new selector engine, Sizzle 0.9.3(?). This appears to be the source of the backward compatibility problem. It’ll hopefully be fixed in jQuery 1.4 (which may or may not depend on an internal update to Sizzle 1.0).