Probléme PHP: 7.2.18

Hello, since switching to php 7.2 the graphics widget displays the following message. Someone would have an idea of ​​the problem
Version de Matomo: 3.11.0
Version de MySQL: 5.6.41-cll-lve
Version de PHP: 7.2.18

Oups… Il y a eu un problème pendant le traitement de la requête. Peut-être que le serveur a eu un souci temporaire, ou peut-être que vous avez demandé un rapport avec trop de données. Veuillez réessayer. Si cette erreur se répète veuillez contacter votre administrateur Matomo pour obtenir de l’aide.

Hi,

Do you see the warning immeadiatly after loading the page or does it load for a long time and then abort with the warning?

In both cases, can you please check the PHP error log for errors?

Hi Lukas,
Yes i can see it on first page.

that what i can see in error log:
[18-Sep-2019 14:34:47 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query - in plugin Referrers
[18-Sep-2019 14:34:54 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away
[18-Sep-2019 14:47:26 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away
[18-Sep-2019 14:47:34 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query - in plugin Referrers
[18-Sep-2019 14:47:34 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away
[18-Sep-2019 14:47:34 UTC] Error in Matomo: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away

Did somebody found a solution for that please ?
I have 3 websites on server with joomla and Matomo for each. I have did php update 7.1 -> 7.2 and know that what i have in matomo

Hi,

Both errors don’t really have much to do with Matomo, but is rather PHP telling you that it tried to query the MySQL server, but during the query the connection broke.
So make sure the MySQL server is working properly.
See also

Ok thank you for the answer.
But i’m on a Cpanel virtual server and i have no acces on the my.cnf.
So do you have another solution ?

Hi,

In that case contact your server host, so they can take a look at the issue.

But why when I come back in php version 7.1 everything works as it should?

I contacted my host who told me not to be able to change the requested settings because it is a shared server. Would there be another solution?

Does no one have a solution ?

Hi there, in theory it shouldn’t change anything to use php 7.2 vs 7.1 it might be an issue with PHP 7.2 on your host maybe?

Hello matthieu, thank you for your interest in my problem. I tried several settings and nothing changed.

I’ve the same problem than you. Since I change PHP version from 7.1 to 7.2 I have the same issue.
My hosting service is o2switch.

I can’t go back to 7.1, but I will try to test 7.3 to see if it solves this issue.

I will tell.

Same problem with php 7.3. I tried many settings but nothing solves the problem

I confirm on PHP7.3 this is the same.

I can add that the menu “Vérification système” (System Check) return to me systematically a 503 service unavailable error and the menu “Variables personnalisées” (Custom variables) doesn’t load anything.
Hope it can helps

Hi;
I have the exact same problem and I confirm that it works well with PHP 7.1 but not above (up to PHP 7.4 now). My only solution now is to downgrade to PHP 7.1. Any one would have a better option to make it work with PHP 7.4?
Thanks.

Hello, if in your config.ini.php you can see MySQLI then can you try replace it with PDO\MYSQL? see “MySQL has gone away” more common with PHP 7.2+ · Issue #15451 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Hello Matthieu,
I have not the hand on the config.ini with Amen website.
But i can swith different options. See in joint

Thank you for the help

this solution work