Problem with multiple CustomJsFunction variable

Hi!

I’m having an issue with Matomo Tagmanager (Matomo cloud 3.9.1) reminding me of this one Using CustomJsFunctionVariable 2 or more - #6 by thomas_matomo which should’ve been solved?

I would like to use a Custom Javascript function variable as Event Category in a tag and another Custom Javascript function variable as Event Action. The problem is that as soon as I add another CustomJsFunction variable, the first variable’s value is overridden by the second.

Please see this very trivial example with the tag, the two variables and the preview result to demonstrate the problem.

Is this not possible to do? Please let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks!

It should be possible, can you check if this was maybe fixed in 3.10? I definitely remember fixing this and in theory it should work now.

Thank you for your answer @thomas_matomo.

Sorry for the late reply but the partner managing the hosting didn’t had the possibility to do the update until now. Unfortunately, the problem still remains after updating to 3.11. Do you have any other suggestions on what to do?

Are you sure browser cache is cleared and the containers have been recreated (this should happen automatically)? Maybe publish a new version, clear browser cache and test again? This should not be needed but you never know.

Followed the steps but the problem persists. I thought that it might be solved by “splitting” the variables into different tags but apparently, since the tags still have the same trigger, all customJSfunctions variables will still receive the same value (the value of another customJS function) at this given event.49