Problem with GeoIP: UserCountry_country_

Hi,

I have a problem with the GeoIP plugin for piwik. The installation worked more or less fine, we then had difficulties with the UpdateRows.php that we were able to solve (thanks to the board members, some answers in other topics were really helpful!) but now we just don’t know what is going on and where the problem is.

Yesterday it showed “no data” in the dashboard for geoIP, today it shows some visitors, all from Germany. Besides that there is one unknown user and several visitors from “UserCountry_country_” (looking at continents there is a similar entry, “UserCountry_continent_”). First of all, getting the information from the archive for geoIP via the Update obviously didnt work which isn’t a big deal as we are still testing Piwik. But now even after searching for a solution for a while I cannot get rid of the strange entries I mentioned above.

I opened our site through a web proxy to see if GeoIP would recognize visitors from other countries and shortly after that the “usercountry_country_” entry was completely gone and a visitor from the US was added so I thought the problem somehow solved itself. 10 minutes later though I now have the exact same entry as before again and the visitors from the US dissappeared and this (correct entries - odd entries) is going back and forth now without me changing anything in Piwik. The data seems to be logged correctly but there must be a problem with the display of it.

OK, long story short: any solution for the UserCountry_country entry problem yet? I couldn’t find any answers to my problem so far and would be very happy about any ideas and suggestions!

Thanks, Sebastian

I atttached screenshots of the two views that i randomly get when i look at the visitors in piwik.

[quote=brandi @ Jun 17 2010, 12:28 PM]Hi,

I have a problem with the GeoIP plugin for piwik. The installation worked more or less fine, we then had difficulties with the UpdateRows.php that we were able to solve (thanks to the board members, some answers in other topics were really helpful!) but now we just don’t know what is going on and where the problem is.

Yesterday it showed “no data” in the dashboard for geoIP, today it shows some visitors, all from Germany. Besides that there is one unknown user and several visitors from “UserCountry_country_” (looking at continents there is a similar entry, “UserCountry_continent_”). First of all, getting the information from the archive for geoIP via the Update obviously didnt work which isn’t a big deal as we are still testing Piwik. But now even after searching for a solution for a while I cannot get rid of the strange entries I mentioned above.

I opened our site through a web proxy to see if GeoIP would recognize visitors from other countries and shortly after that the “usercountry_country_” entry was completely gone and a visitor from the US was added so I thought the problem somehow solved itself. 10 minutes later though I now have the exact same entry as before again and the visitors from the US dissappeared and this (correct entries - odd entries) is going back and forth now without me changing anything in Piwik. The data seems to be logged correctly but there must be a problem with the display of it.

OK, long story short: any solution for the UserCountry_country entry problem yet? I couldn’t find any answers to my problem so far and would be very happy about any ideas and suggestions!

Thanks, Sebastian

I atttached screenshots of the two views that i randomly get when i look at the visitors in piwik.[/quote]

Hello ,

I have the same problem, have you find a solution ?

thank you

[quote=pelucre @ Nov 8 2010, 06:50 AM]Hello ,

I have the same problem, have you find a solution ?

thank you[/quote]

Upon reflection, the problem does not he come to the installation of the database “MaxMind GeoLite City” or module apache mod_geoip?

How can we ensure they are properly installed?

FYI, I am running Windows 2003.