Problem in Campaign with Adwords-Parameters

Hello,

I installed Piwik (0.5.4) and after one day it looks great. But now I changed the first Adwords-campaign to use the campaign-feature of Piwik. I added the following to my old URLs according to the first link in ticket 476 (Track visits from adwords and yahoo content campaigns · Issue #476 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub):

?piwik_campaign=adw-mycampaignname-group_{ifContent:Content}{ifSearch:Search}{creative}{placement}&piwik_kwd={keyword}

I clicked on one ad and got this added to the old URL as shown in the Browser: “?piwik_campaign=adw-mycampaignname-group_Search_1234565432_&piwik_kwd=mykeyword”. So the Adwords-link seems to work but in Piwik I see “adw-mycampaignname-group_{ifContent:Content}{ifSearch:Search}{creative}{placement}” as campaign and “{keyword}” as keyword. Where is the problem and is there a fix?

Hardy

Sorry, I think it was my fault. I got this link when I clicked on an ad in the campaig administration.

I think I misunderstood how campaigns work. Entering ?piwik_campaign=… in the link field for an ad won’t generate tracking for a campaign because the link, which is clicked ba yn user is like google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=… with the piwik-campaign encoded as %3Fpiwik_campaign%3D. Is my interpretation right?

Is there a way to track Adwords with at least campaign, ad and keyword, which can be used with 0.5.4? I only found several tickets with propositions for future versions.

This is the proposal implementation: For a visit via a campaign, if the campaign keyword is not set, detect keyword from Referrer URL · Issue #517 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

any feedback please comment over there

Tracking Campaigns (newsletter, paid ads, display ads, affiliates, etc.) is now available!