Problem during installation

(frager) #1

Hi guys,
I have problems during installation. Didn’t figure out another topic with the same problem. To test it I changed all permissions to 777 +x. Interestingly the generated filename looks like this:

/piwik/tmp/templates_c/wrteqCvJF
and is empty

problem writing temporary file 'tmp/templates_c/wrt4983395f5046b’
Backtrace:

#0 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/libs/Smarty/internals/core.write_file.php(32): Piwik_Smarty->trigger_error('problem writing...')
#1 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/libs/Smarty/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php(29): smarty_core_write_file(Array, Object(Piwik_Smarty))
#2 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php(1426): smarty_core_write_compiled_resource(Array, Object(Piwik_Smarty))
#3 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php(1258): Smarty->_compile_resource('Installation/te...', 'tmp/templates_c...')
#4 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/core/View.php(101): Smarty->fetch('Installation/te...')
#5 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/plugins/Installation/View.php(45): Piwik_View->render()
#6 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php(68): Piwik_Install_View->render()
#7 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/plugins/Installation/Installation.php(61): Piwik_Installation_Controller->welcome()
#8 [internal function]: Piwik_Installation->startInstallation(Object(Event_Notification))
#9 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(214): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(339): Event_Dispatcher->addObserver(Array, 'FrontController...')
#11 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(237): Piwik_PluginsManager->addPluginObservers(Object(Piwik_Installation))
#12 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(151): Piwik_PluginsManager->loadPlugins()
#13 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/core/FrontController.php(227): Piwik_PluginsManager->setPluginsToLoad(Array)
#14 /var/wwn/tracking/piwik/index.php(51): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#15 {main}

Any ideas?
Thanks

(frager) #2

ok found it out on myself:
delete template_c folder and recreate it with 0777

(pebosi) #3

in piwik-hackers mailing list it was a problem of php safe_mode, disable it and retry.

regards

(pebosi) #4

[quote=frager @ Jan 30 2009, 05:48 PM]ok found it out on myself:
delete template_c folder and recreate it with 0777[/quote]

ok style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

(frager) #5

Disable safe mode?
I would not recommend this…

(robocoder) #6

[quote=frager @ Jan 30 2009, 07:28 PM]Disable safe mode?
I would not recommend this…[/quote]
In PHP 6.0, safe mode and register globals have been removed. What will you do then?

(Rage) #7

FYI :
I just figured out the problem with it, the owner of the folder needs to be the owner of your website.
I mean when you install piwik, the owner and group owner of tmp files and folders should be something like apache.
So you just need to change owner with a command line like this : chown ftp_user:ftp_group templates_c
or remove the folder and re-create it with the ftp access so the owner would be the ftp_user.

If i’m not clear or you don’t understand (i guess my english is not so fluent…or my explanation sucks…) just reply and i’ll try to be more explicit.

(redicon) #8

I’ve got the SAME problem, and:

• I cant’ delete any file under tmp/templates_c/
  • Directory templates_c belongs to user:apache group:apache, permission 0777
  • Directory sessions belongs to user:apache group:apache, permission 0777
  • Directory tmp belongs to my ftpuser, permission 0777

And:

• I’m already tryed to reupload all piwik software except the tmp folder
  • I’m not able to disable php safe mode
  • I’m not able to change tmp owner (php chown does not work and if I try to run trought ftp client “chown apache:apache tmp” the answer is “500 CHOWN not understood”)
  • php script with unlink functions on files inside templates_c does not work
  • I was able to change templates_c and sessions permission ONKLY by a phpscript with chmod

How can i delete all tmp folder or succesfully install piwik?
I’m being crazy!

(redicon) #9

I’ve solved creating trought ftp tmp directoy and the entire subdirectories (assets, cache, sessions, templates_c).
Permission 0777.