preg_match error

Just installed everything… worked fine until I changed the path on the trusted domain. It was just showing domain and not the path where piwik is installed. Saved the change and… Baaam! User error on me:(

Here’s the backtrack info…

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier ‘a’ in /hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Url.php on line 223

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 preg_match(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Url.php:223]
#2 Piwik_Url::isValidHost(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Url.php:268]
#3 Piwik_Url::getHost(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Url.php:299]
#4 Piwik_Url::getCurrentHost(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Url.php:64]
#5 Piwik_Url::getCurrentUrlWithoutFileName(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/Piwik.php:174]
#6 Piwik::getPiwikUrl(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/core/FrontController.php:297]
#7 Piwik_FrontController->init(…) called at [/hermes/waloraweb012/b2447/moo.brenna/sleep/analytics/piwik/index.php:52]

I had the same error after the same actions. When comparing the config.ini with the last working one, i noticed that the trusted_hosts[] line wasn’t there before. I deleted it and it’s fine again.

Hey thanks for sharing that info. Will try that tonight.

What is the value of trusted_hosts that triggers this error? I cannot seem to reproduce this bug

if you can’t login, then how are you repairing any files? i can’t even get into cpanel (i’m getting a 404 page…)

can someone let me know the explicit next step, please.

i posted the following on a [SOLVED] thread…and wondered why no one responded:

there is no question that i don’t have the right Piwik URL or Piwik path (PHP API, beta). i know that.

have tried SEVERAL variations in piwik itself and in the setup for “wp-piwik” to no avail. in trying to rename my trusted hostname (maybe add a /piwik to the filename to get the dang thing to work) i got the same catastrophe that the others above have gotten. but i am not a programmer. just a hard working person whose cpanel is down right now…and i don’t know how to get back into my piwik installation. i know how to CommentThings Out, but right now i can’t even get to where i see some code.

i read and read and read and nothing makes sense (and variations are not successful)

1. how are you getting back into your installations after they crash into oblivion? i need explicit detail. i’m a 404 on the cpanel.
  2. this is the biggest pain—>>>what is the correct format for the “trusted hostname”?. apparently, www.mydomain.com ain’t it. neither is mydomain.com. neither is hpps://mydomain.com/piwik (<-after getting an SSL). and neither is www.mydomain/piwik because that renaming effort crashed the whole thing. have tried other variations as well from reading other forum postings. still ain’t workin.
  3. what is the correct format once you get to the WP-Piwik plugin? namely, Piwik URL (REST API): www.whattheheckgoeshere.com and whatever else IN EXPLICIT DETAIL goes here --and also Piwik path (PHP API, beta): www.whatgoeshere.com <- in other words, where is the place to get the answer.

i loaded this whole thing on one domain (reseller). it’s behind the public html. now what?

i would appreciate any divine inspiration…

many thanks.

Is this solved -I have the same issue?